You can learn how to heal yourself! In fact, you are the only one who can.
The right food, the right exercise, the right medications, the right relationships -all these can help support your healing process, but not unless you intentionally cause them to. Your conscious, intentional mind (which is separate from, though connected to, your subconscious mind and nervous system) is the key to your self healing.
The process is simple, actually.
- First you need to understand the process with your intellect, the part capable of critical thinking that realizes the value of evidence-based reasoning.
- The next step in healing any system is that the system become aware of its identity as a system. For you this means freeing yourself from distraction and focusing on who you are, your true values, purpose, goals, and vision.
- Third, you learn how to read the signals and messages that come from within and how to balance your system — physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Fortunately, you can learn to do this in a remarkably short period of time using the powerful mind tools Dr. Miller has developed. These tools can help you to reach a very pleasant state of deep relaxation and meditation, bringing you into the present, emptying your mind of distractions and your body of toxins, and preparing the cells of your body to receive your self healing instructions.
Another very valuable tool for self healing is guided Imagery. This process involves holding specific healing imagery in the mind while in the receptive “Healing State.” This results in relief of stress, and the activation of your unconscious healing and corrective processes are mobilized. In a very real sense, you are “reprogramming” your mind and rewiring your brain. Your goal is to restore internal coherence and balance, and thus to help heal your body, emotions, mind and behavior.
Each time you repeat these experiences, you are re-scripting your body, your emotional state, and how you will respond in future situations. You will discover this is a powerful way to mentally rehearse, through guided imagery, your desired behaviors of mind and body, much as athletes or actors mentally rehearse their performances.
These new behaviors may have to do with modifying how the internal organs of your body operate, how you talk to yourself, your personal habits, how you interact with others, etc. Diet, exercise, rest, prayer, meditation, and other modalities of re-balancing the system may be needed, but all these require us to change our mental behavior in order to apply them. Thus, the mind-body axis is always primary in healing yourself. Change Your Mind – Change Your Life.
The Six Steps of Self Healing with Guided Imagery Audio
- Education — Obtain as much accurate information as possible about health and healing. Learn as much about your constitution and about your condition, the symptoms, etiology, and therapy, including the role of stress, diet, emotions and exercise. Learn about the different options for treating your condition. To begin your education consider reading about Mind-Body Medicine.
- Relaxation — Deep Relaxation is essential for rapid healing because it is the direct antidote to stress. In addition, relaxation empties your mind of distractions, and thus allows you to self-program new, more desirable self healing behaviors — both at the visible (macroscopic) level, and in the microscopic behavior of the cells of your body. Deep relaxation is also the key to programming mind and body for peak performance in any endeavor — sports, profession, or personal life (yes, even sexual).
Entering “The Healing State” — Here the mind is open to re-scripting and the body accepts new healthy images and emotions. Re-scripting is a powerful way to mentally rehearse desired behaviors of the mind and body, much as athletes or actors mentally rehearse their performances. These guided imagery & meditation CDs and .MP3 downloads will teach you to do this through simple, logical, straightforward, and highly enjoyable guided imagery experiences. The experience and your ability to use the Healing State becomes progressively more powerful with a few minutes a day of pleasurable practice.
- Forming Powerful, Transformative, Healing Images—Intentional mental imagery through Selective Awareness — Software For The Mind — allows you to make a commitment to healing yourself by directly influencing the behavior of the cells of your body (e.g., the immune system), initiating and sustaining health-producing behaviors, (exercise, diet, non-abuse of alcohol or drugs, quit smoking), and produce a health-sustaining self-image. This inner image serves to change the behavior at every level of the mind-body system.
- Rehearsing These Images Daily — Reprogramming your mind is actually retraining the mind. Just as you might practice musical scales or typing in order to improve, the regular practice of the appropriate imagery trains the brain, the nervous system, and the immune system to easily carry out the desired changes. Your goal is to restore internal coherence and balance and thus to help heal the body, emotions, mind, and behavior.
- Reinforcing Positive Changes — Reward your mind for responding to your entreaties so that the new behaviors prevail. Take yourself out for dinner, to a ball game, or a movie, for instance. Or take time off to be with loved ones.
Visit Our Online Store and find the guidance you need to speed up your self healing process. You can search for Dr. Miller’s recommendation by finding your symptom(s) on the Symptom Search page, browse the categories of self-healing, or just browse the many healing tools offered at DrMiller.com — then enjoy exploring the rest of our website. If you are new to our site try reading the How To Use DrMiller.com page. There’s a lifetime of high quality information here about healing, wellness, meditation, Software for the Mind, Stress Management, and more, enjoy!